Undefeated Samraat edged Uncle Sigh March 1 at Aqueduct Racetrack to secure a $500,000 Gotham Stakes (gr. II) victory by a neck; pacesetter In Trouble hung tough another neck back for third.
Several for the Nov. 26 Remsen Stakes (gr. II) at nine furlongs have strong black-type pedigrees. The 2-year-olds may need it--most are pretty light on experience.
Grade I stakes-placed Noble Causeway came through with his first winner when his son Lord Chelsie won at 4 1/2 furlongs at Monmouth Park June 3.
Tracy Farmer's Sun King, winner of both his starts this year including the Tampa Bay Derby, breezed an easy five furlongs in 1:02 4/5 at Churchill Downs Monday in preparation for the April 16 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident