Lady Shakespeare and Long Approach are among the most accomplished turf stakes performers and the likely favorites in a full field of 12 entered in the $125,000 Suwannee River Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 6 at Gulfstream.
In charge most of the way for jockey Javier Castellano, odds-on choice Criticism scored an authoritative repeat victory in the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) over a yielding turf course at cloudy Aqueduct in her final start for Darley Stable Nov. 1.
Darley Stable's Criticism, a three-time graded stakes winner this year, holds a big edge over six contenders in the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT), the Nov. 1 feature at Aqueduct.
Magical Fantasy looks for her fourth consecutive graded stakes win for trainer Paddy Gallagher as the probable favorite in Oak Tree's $300,000 Yellow Ribbon Stakes (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Oct. 10.
Brushwood Stable's Mushka took over approaching the quarter-pole, opened a clear lead in the stretch, and held on for a 1 1/4-length victory in the $110,500 Glen Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sept. 7 at Saratoga.
Immortelle, Lavender Sky and Foxysox, second through fourth, respectively, in an extremely tight finish to the Santa Ana Handicap (gr. IIT) last month, return to action in the $200,000 Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT) April 19 at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- I Spent It, Competitve Edge Enter Hopeful
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station
- Startup Nation Impresses in With Anticipation
- Enterprising Chases Sweep in Del Mar Derby
- Cat's Claw Seeks Four in a Row in Glens Falls