The North American racetracks hosting lemonade stands on Belmont Stakes Day collectively raised more than $114,000 to benefit Alex's Lemonade Stand for Pediatric Cancer Research, the charity founded by Alexandra "Alex" Scott in 2000. The figure is expected to increase as nine tracks are yet to report their figures and others are finalizing exact amounts.
The largest Preakness Stakes (gr. I) crowd in history helped Alex's Lemonade Stand raise $18,000 in donations at its two locations at Pimlico Race Course last Saturday. The Pennsylvania-based charity collected almost $11,000 earlier this month at the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- NYRA May Lose Skorton as Chairman
- Haskin's One for the Roses: Honor Code