The North American racetracks hosting lemonade stands on Belmont Stakes Day collectively raised more than $114,000 to benefit Alex's Lemonade Stand for Pediatric Cancer Research, the charity founded by Alexandra "Alex" Scott in 2000. The figure is expected to increase as nine tracks are yet to report their figures and others are finalizing exact amounts.
The largest Preakness Stakes (gr. I) crowd in history helped Alex's Lemonade Stand raise $18,000 in donations at its two locations at Pimlico Race Course last Saturday. The Pennsylvania-based charity collected almost $11,000 earlier this month at the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Live Racing, Simulcasts Resume in Texas
- South African Champion Wild One Dies
- T.I.P. Awards Applications Being Accepted
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile