The North American racetracks hosting lemonade stands on Belmont Stakes Day collectively raised more than $114,000 to benefit Alex's Lemonade Stand for Pediatric Cancer Research, the charity founded by Alexandra "Alex" Scott in 2000. The figure is expected to increase as nine tracks are yet to report their figures and others are finalizing exact amounts.
The largest Preakness Stakes (gr. I) crowd in history helped Alex's Lemonade Stand raise $18,000 in donations at its two locations at Pimlico Race Course last Saturday. The Pennsylvania-based charity collected almost $11,000 earlier this month at the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- HRRN Set for Dubai, Gulfstream Coverage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey