The remains of 1970- Kentucky Derby winner Dust Commander have been relocated to the Kentucky Derby Museum in Louisville, Ky., after being discovered at a farm near Paris, Ky.
A festival to honor Hall of Fame member Secretariat will be held Sept. 25-26 in Bourbon County, Kentucky.
The Kentucky Derby Museum announced Friday that it has acquired the 1970 Kentucky Derby trophy presented to the owners of Dust Commander after the running of the 96th classic on May 2, 1970.
- By Dan Liebman
William E. "Smiley" Adams, who trained Robert and Verna Lehmann's Master Derby to win the 100th running of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) in 1975, died June 19 at the Veteran's Affairs Hospital in Lexington. He was 67.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA