The remains of 1970- Kentucky Derby winner Dust Commander have been relocated to the Kentucky Derby Museum in Louisville, Ky., after being discovered at a farm near Paris, Ky.
A festival to honor Hall of Fame member Secretariat will be held Sept. 25-26 in Bourbon County, Kentucky.
The Kentucky Derby Museum announced Friday that it has acquired the 1970 Kentucky Derby trophy presented to the owners of Dust Commander after the running of the 96th classic on May 2, 1970.
William E. "Smiley" Adams, who trained Robert and Verna Lehmann's Master Derby to win the 100th running of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) in 1975, died June 19 at the Veteran's Affairs Hospital in Lexington. He was 67.
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Conquest Titan, Vinceremos Loom in Tampa Bay