The remains of 1970- Kentucky Derby winner Dust Commander have been relocated to the Kentucky Derby Museum in Louisville, Ky., after being discovered at a farm near Paris, Ky.
A festival to honor Hall of Fame member Secretariat will be held Sept. 25-26 in Bourbon County, Kentucky.
The Kentucky Derby Museum announced Friday that it has acquired the 1970 Kentucky Derby trophy presented to the owners of Dust Commander after the running of the 96th classic on May 2, 1970.
- By Dan Liebman
William E. "Smiley" Adams, who trained Robert and Verna Lehmann's Master Derby to win the 100th running of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) in 1975, died June 19 at the Veteran's Affairs Hospital in Lexington. He was 67.
Most Popular Stories
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- CHRB Medication Rule Modifications for 2017
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet