The remains of 1970- Kentucky Derby winner Dust Commander have been relocated to the Kentucky Derby Museum in Louisville, Ky., after being discovered at a farm near Paris, Ky.
A festival to honor Hall of Fame member Secretariat will be held Sept. 25-26 in Bourbon County, Kentucky.
The Kentucky Derby Museum announced Friday that it has acquired the 1970 Kentucky Derby trophy presented to the owners of Dust Commander after the running of the 96th classic on May 2, 1970.
- By Dan Liebman
William E. "Smiley" Adams, who trained Robert and Verna Lehmann's Master Derby to win the 100th running of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) in 1975, died June 19 at the Veteran's Affairs Hospital in Lexington. He was 67.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Welfare and Safety Summit Set for June 28
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al