The proposed lease of Meadowlands and Monmouth Park, the two racetracks operated by the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, is off for now. The state has been considering the lease agreement since late 2003.
The executive committee of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority declined at a meeting before the Thanksgiving holiday to decide whether formal bids to purchase Meadowlands and Monmouth Park would be accepted.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury