The proposed lease of Meadowlands and Monmouth Park, the two racetracks operated by the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, is off for now. The state has been considering the lease agreement since late 2003.
The executive committee of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority declined at a meeting before the Thanksgiving holiday to decide whether formal bids to purchase Meadowlands and Monmouth Park would be accepted.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Bejarano Takes Santa Anita Jockey Title