The proposed lease of Meadowlands and Monmouth Park, the two racetracks operated by the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, is off for now. The state has been considering the lease agreement since late 2003.
The executive committee of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority declined at a meeting before the Thanksgiving holiday to decide whether formal bids to purchase Meadowlands and Monmouth Park would be accepted.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing