South Africa's oldest yearling sale, the 2015 National yearling sale, is scheduled to get under way April 22 at the Thoroughbred Breeders Association complex just outside Johannesburg.
The 2015 Breeders' Cup Challenge series gets started Saturday, Jan. 10, with automatic berths in two of South Africa's most prestigious races.
Legislate was named South Africa's Horse of the Year at a glittering awards ceremony in Johannesburg Aug. 13.
Legislate was promoted to first place in a dramatic outcome to the rough finish of the Vodacom Durban July (SAf-I), South Africa's most famous race July 5 at Greyville Racecourse.
Legislate prevailed in a thrilling clash of South Africa's top 3-year-olds May 31, capturing the Daily News 2000 (SAf-I) at Greyville racecourse.
Runner-up in the same race last year, Hill Fifty Four conquered a high-class field in Cape Town's most famous and fashionable horse race.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- New Whip Rule's First Day No Problem in SoCal
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- Java's War Seeks Elusive Win in Singspiel
- Barbados Returns in Carry Back
- Los Alamitos Enjoys Opening-Day Handle Spike
- Race Day Heads Loaded Salvator Mile
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Divisidero, Bolo Square Off in Belmont Derby
- Churchill Donates to Charities, University