More than five years after the race that led the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission to sanction its then-chief steward John Veitch, legal proceedings continue.
A circuit court judge has reversed the one-year suspension imposed by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on trainer Daniel Werre for a positive medication test at Turfway Park in December 2012.
A Circuit Court judge has told John Veitch to obtain a letter of interest for his services from a Kentucky racetrack and then re-submit his license application to the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
A misdemeanor charge of indecently assaulting a 23-year-old woman at Parx Racing in Bensalem Township, Pa., has been dropped against trainer Juan Carlos Guerrero.
The legal responsibilities of being a racehorse owner in Britain have come to the fore in the wake of a multi-million dollar legal claim against the owners and trainer of a horse that severely injured an assistant trainer in a pre-race paddock incident at Wolverhampton Racecourse, England, in April 2005.
Sir Alex Ferguson, Britain's most successful soccer manager, has started court action against John Magnier, owner of Ireland's Coolmore Stud, as the dispute between them over top racehorse Rock Of Gibraltar, who is now a globe-trotting stallion, reaches a climax.
- By Tom Precious
A federal appeals court has upheld the ability of regulators in New York to conduct unannounced searches of racetracks without warrants to investigate illegal equine drug use and other activities that may affect the integrity of racing in the state. But the 2nd Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals said the investigators from the state Racing and Wagering Board went too far in 1997 when they also searched dormitories used by grooms at Yonkers Raceway
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate Arrives at Gulfstream Park
- Smith Eagerly Awaits 'Chrome'-Arrogate Rematch
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Pegasus Features Several Unique Conditions
- Sovereign Awards Finalists Announced
- Lea Gets Bay Filly as First Foal
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Illinois Board Ponders Plan to Pump $500K Into Purses