Odds-on Tiz Midnight proved a popular winner of the $200,000 Bayakoa Stakes (gr. II) at Los Alamitos for former Quarter Horse trainer Bob Baffert, when she battled back along the rail by a head over Warren's Veneda Dec. 6.
J. Keeler Johnson handicaps the Bayakoa Stakes (gr. II) at Los Alamitos. read blog
Fresh from a big win in Louisiana, Yahilwa returns to Southern California in search of her third consecutive victory in the $200,000 Bayakoa Stakes (gr. II) Dec. 6 at Los Alamitos.
Iotapa is the one to beat in the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes (gr. I) at Del Mar Aug. 2 following her devastating romp in the Vanity Handicap (gr. I) in June.
Dual champion filly Beholder coasted to an easy win in her 2014 debut on a hot, sunny Easter Sunday at Santa Anita Park, taking the $75,000 Santa Lucia Stakes from four overmatched rivals.
It didn't take long for the 'Retire Rachel' cries to be heard. I can't really criticize those who believe Rachel's reputation has suffered, and feel each race compromises her legacy. Read Blog
California freshman stallion Our New Recruit died Sept. 1 of colic, a dozen days after he was represented by his first winner.
Terrell, a 7-year-old son of Distorted Humor, will stand in 2008 at Legacy Ranch near Clements, Calif.
Prospect Bay, a grade II winner by Crafty Prospector, has been relocated to Rene Moore's Naylee Farm near Summit Point, W.Va.
Bop, who set three course records in stakes, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at R. Larry Johnson's Legacy Farm near Bluemont, Va.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct