Edward L. Bowen's latest book, "Legacies of the Turf: A Century of Great Thoroughbred Breeders (Vol. 1)", has been selected as a finalist for ForeWord Magazine's Book of the Year Award in the sports category. "Legacies of the Turf", which tells the stories of the powerhouse dynasties that dominated horse racing in the early to mid-twentieth century, is published by Eclipse Press, a division of Blood-Horse Publications, a multimedia publishing company that traces its roots to 1916.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Late-Running Longshots Key to Derby Super
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Prep Race Results and Points