Just five horses, including supplemental entry Plug Me In, are set to go in an uninspiring renewal of the $100,000 Round Table Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf June 13. At 1 3/4 miles, the Round Table is the longest race of the Hollywood Park meet.
Awesome Gambler closed from sixth at the quarter pole to catch odds-on favorite Cobalt Blue in deep stretch, going on to post a 1 1/2-length victory under jockey Joe Talamo in Saturday's $80,800 Alydar Stakes for 3-year-olds at Hollywood Park.
Merv Griffin's Cobalt Blue, winner of the San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) two starts back, returns to the races in Saturday's $75,000 Alydar Stakes at Hollywood Park.
Jockey Alex Solis, perhaps inspired by a visit from an old friend, rode Leesider to a thrilling win over gritty pacesetter C.T. Zee in Sunday's $250,000 Cal National Snow Chief Stakes at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Dortmund Stands Out in Los Alamitos Futurity
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- RMTC Plans Changes but No Merger with RCI
- Date Announced for Second CBA Symposium
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Heleringer Resigns as KEEP Executive Director