Upsets topped by a $103.80 shocker by Pinecrest Boy in the B. B. "Sixty" Rayburn Stakes tested the mettle of even the most hardened of handicappers Saturday night during Legends Night III for Louisiana breds at Evangeline Downs. Twelve of the 13 betting favorites -- including seven at odds of even-money or less -- went down to defeat.
The five stakes winners on the second half of Louisiana Lagniappe Weekend Sunday at Fair Grounds Race Course shared a common thread: all were winners earlier in the meet.
Grade I winner Happy Ticket lived up to her billing as she defeated seven overmatched rivals in the $100,000 Louisiana Premiere Night Distaff, one of six stakes events worth $570,000 on Louisiana Premiere Night at Evangeline Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Filly First Winner for Line of David