The 11th edition of the John Franks Memorial 2-year-old in training sale recorded solid results.
At the end of Fasig-Tipton's two-day Texas summer yearling sale, held Aug. 28-29 at Lone Star Park, the sale company saw increases in average and median price while the gross slipped from last year's figure with fewer head going through the ring.
A New York-bred daughter of Orientate sold for $130,000 Monday to top the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Texas yearling auction at Lone Star Park. Texan Terry Blanton signed the ticket for the strapping dark bay filly.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season