The 11th edition of the John Franks Memorial 2-year-old in training sale recorded solid results.
At the end of Fasig-Tipton's two-day Texas summer yearling sale, held Aug. 28-29 at Lone Star Park, the sale company saw increases in average and median price while the gross slipped from last year's figure with fewer head going through the ring.
A New York-bred daughter of Orientate sold for $130,000 Monday to top the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Texas yearling auction at Lone Star Park. Texan Terry Blanton signed the ticket for the strapping dark bay filly.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- World Approval, Night Prowler Seeking 'Fame'
- Haskin: Bronwen Healy's American Adventure
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut