The 11th edition of the John Franks Memorial 2-year-old in training sale recorded solid results.
At the end of Fasig-Tipton's two-day Texas summer yearling sale, held Aug. 28-29 at Lone Star Park, the sale company saw increases in average and median price while the gross slipped from last year's figure with fewer head going through the ring.
A New York-bred daughter of Orientate sold for $130,000 Monday to top the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Texas yearling auction at Lone Star Park. Texan Terry Blanton signed the ticket for the strapping dark bay filly.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation