Gross sales ended up 12.7% higher than a year ago, the average rose 18% to $76,511, and the median was up 20% to $30,000.
Grade II winner Concord Point, Tapit's leading money earning colt in North America this year, has been retired from racing for stallion duty in 2011 at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Farms near Lexington.
Concord Point, ridden by Martin Garcia, shattered the track record for 1 1/16 miles at Prairie Meadows when he romped to an 8 1/2-length victory in the $250,000 Iowa Derby (gr. III) June 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive
- Twining Dies in Japan at Age 24
- California Implements New Whip Rule