J. Stables' Off the Tracks went from maiden winner to stakes victress in just her second start July 24, taking the $150,000 Schuylerville Stakes (gr. III) in powerful fashion at Saratoga Race Course.
Gross sales ended up 12.7% higher than a year ago, the average rose 18% to $76,511, and the median was up 20% to $30,000.
Grade II winner Concord Point, Tapit's leading money earning colt in North America this year, has been retired from racing for stallion duty in 2011 at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Farms near Lexington.
Concord Point, ridden by Martin Garcia, shattered the track record for 1 1/16 miles at Prairie Meadows when he romped to an 8 1/2-length victory in the $250,000 Iowa Derby (gr. III) June 26.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Grade 3 Winner Chitu Sires First Foal
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm