Gross sales ended up 12.7% higher than a year ago, the average rose 18% to $76,511, and the median was up 20% to $30,000.
Grade II winner Concord Point, Tapit's leading money earning colt in North America this year, has been retired from racing for stallion duty in 2011 at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Farms near Lexington.
Concord Point, ridden by Martin Garcia, shattered the track record for 1 1/16 miles at Prairie Meadows when he romped to an 8 1/2-length victory in the $250,000 Iowa Derby (gr. III) June 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Kentucky Downs Adds 16 Stable Cameras
- Second Purse Hike at Ohio's ThistleDown
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- TOBA August Member of the Month
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong
- Limitations and Advances in Lameness Assessment