North East Bound took the lead after six furlongs run in 1:09.46 and pulled away down the stretch for a 3 1/2-length victory Saturday in the $400,000 Meadowlands Cup Handicap (gr. II).
Vision and Verse was installed Thursday as the 3-1 morning-line favorite for Saturday night's $400,000 Meadowlands Cup Handicap (gr. II). 10 horses are entered for the 1 1/8-mile Meadowlands feature, including Leave It to Beezer, the starting highweight at 117 pounds.
James Jackson's Valhol put in a bullet work at Colonial Downs Tuesday morning in preparation for Saturday night's $400,000 Meadowlands Cup (gr. II). The 4-year-old gelded son of Diazo will be making his second start since bone chip surgery following his third-place finish in the 1999 Ohio Derby (gr. II).
The Bobby Frankel-trained Skimming was assigned highweight of 122 pounds for the $400,000 Meadowlands Cup Handicap (gr. II), a pound more than Golden Missile and three more than Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus. Each of the three top weighted horses, however, are under consideration for other races.
Seven-year-old Leave It to Beezer's career-best year continued Saturday with a win in the Salvator Mile Handicap (gr. III) at Monmouth Park. The win marks Leave It to Beezer's fifth consecutive victory, the last four of which have come in stakes races.
The old adage "When you're hot, you're hot," is often overused, but in trainer Scott Lake's case, it fits perfectly.
Scott Lake trainee Leave It To Beezer pressed pacesetter Phabulous Code early, took the lead entering the second turn, and drew off to a 4 3/4-length victory in Saturday's $126,000 Baltimore Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Pimlico.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Emerald Downs Seeks New Track Announcer
- Baffert Weighing Bayern's Derby Week Options
- 'Company' No Issue for El Kabeir in Workout
- Tencendur Beats the Rain in Morning Move
- Kentucky Derby: Simon Callaghan & Firing Line
- Criterion, Red Cadeaux Set for Rematch in HK
- International Star Stays Home for Final Work