The New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority has accepted a hearing officer's recommendation that the New Jersey Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association retain control of Monmouth Park.
The New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority said March 1 it has reached an agreement with the New Jersey Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association for the lease of Monmouth Park in time for the track's 2012 racing season.
The New Jersey Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association and the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority have reached a preliminary deal on the lease of Monmouth Park, according to a state newspaper.
The New Jersey Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association has submitted a plan to the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority to lease Monmouth Park beginning this year.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie Dec. 20 officially announced separate deals for the continuation of live racing at Monmouth Park and Meadowlands in 2012.
The major of Oceanport, N.J., where Monmouth Park is located, told Gov. Chris Christie the borough could serve as a vehicle to keep the facility operating until the state signs a deal with a lessee.
Meadowlands in New Jersey will remain open through May as negotiations continue on a long-term lease of the facility.
The New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority officially released a request for proposals for the lease of Monmouth Park.
After more false endings than "Die Hard," the Prairie Meadows lease agreement between Polk County and the Racing Association of Central Iowa is finally official.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- Kingman vs. Toronado at Glorious Goodwood