Less than two days past the deadline to finalize a lease agreement for Monmouth Park, negotiations have ended because of a dispute between horsemen and the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino June 24 approved a new eight-year lease with Polk County that will pay the county $26 million in each of the first three years and perhaps more after that.
A publicly-traded company with alleged ties to the parent company of ClassicStar is now a defendant in the consolidated federal civil action against the former broodmare lease operator and others.
A motion has been filed in a Kentucky federal court asking to convert the bankruptcy protection of former broodmare lease operator ClassicStar LLC from Chapter 11 business reorganization to Chapter 7 liquidation.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park