Less than two days past the deadline to finalize a lease agreement for Monmouth Park, negotiations have ended because of a dispute between horsemen and the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino June 24 approved a new eight-year lease with Polk County that will pay the county $26 million in each of the first three years and perhaps more after that.
A publicly-traded company with alleged ties to the parent company of ClassicStar is now a defendant in the consolidated federal civil action against the former broodmare lease operator and others.
A motion has been filed in a Kentucky federal court asking to convert the bankruptcy protection of former broodmare lease operator ClassicStar LLC from Chapter 11 business reorganization to Chapter 7 liquidation.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired