The only horse in the $150,000 Artie Schiller Stakes sired by the race's namesake, the Bill Mott-trained 5-year-old gelding took an inside route in the stretch and held off Blacktype to win by three-quarters of a length.
Two-time Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) winner Flat Out reaffirmed his affinity for the Belmont Park surface April 27, winning the $150,000 Westchester Stakes (gr. III) by a hard-fought head.
Arena Elvira notched her third straight victory and first in a graded stakes when she pulled away to a 6 3/4-length triumph in the $98,000 Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 4, the opening-day feature at Aqueduct.
Grade I winners Royal Delta and Winchester work five furlongs at Belmont Park.
Go Between's late-running victory in the $1 million Sunshine Millions Classic at Santa Anita gave trainer Bill Mott his third victory in the eight-race series for California and Florida breds Jan. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered