Hall of Fame jockey Alex Solis became the 29th North American jockey to win 5,000 races when he reached that milestone Jan. 1 when he rode longshot Lutine Belle to victory in the Blue Norther Stakes at Santa Anita Park.
Veteran jockey Perry Ouzts, 58, passed Hall of Famer John Longden on the all-time leading riders' list when he rode two winners at Turfway Park Nov. 29.
Patrick Valenzuela, the leading rider at Southern California's five major meets during the last calendar year, has fired his agent of the last two years, Nick Cosato.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes
- Tepin Among Stakes Nominees at Keeneland
- Blacktype Wins Record Commonwealth Turf Cup
- 'Lion' Front-Running Upsetter in Middle Park
- Black Heart Bart, Bon Aurum Win at Caulfield
- Flintshire Among First 'Super Saturday' Cast
- Lexie Lou to Keeneland November