The field assembled for the 92nd Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I), Europe's premier middle-distance race Oct. 2 at Longchamp, looks to be one of best in recent years.
Europe, Presque Isle Downs, Arlington Park, Belmont Park, Wise Dan and Woodbine! view slideshow
Coolmore and partners' Leading Light kicked clear to victory in the 237th Ladbrokes St. Leger Stakes (Eng-I), the world's oldest classic and final jewel in England's Triple Crown, Sept. 14 at Doncaster.
An 11-horse field that includes Galileo Rock is set for the world's oldest classic, the Ladbrokes St. Leger (Eng-I), which will have its 237th running Sept. 14 at Doncaster.
Comments from Aidan O'Brien after Leading Light's victory in the Queen's Vase, including thoughts on winning race run in memory of Sir Henry Cecil. Watch Video
Even-money favorite Kalookan Queen alternately set and pressed a fast pace, drew away in upper stretch, and held off a fast-closing Leading Light in deep stretch to win Saturday's $200,000 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) by a half-length at Santa Anita.
While waiting to hear if she's won the Eclipse Award as 2001's top distaffer, Spain goes postward in Saturday's $200,000 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) over seven furlongs, her first start of the new year.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Draws Doom U.S. Hopes in HK Jockey Challenge
- Partners to Build Racetrack Casino in Calgary
- Bad Debt, Philly Ace Tropical Turf Topweights
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Immortal Verse Sells for European Record
- Steep Wagering Decline at Churchill Fall Meet