Big Brown, winner of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) in 2008, was represented by his first winner June 15 at Kazan International Equestrian Complex and Race Track in Russia.
Posse's first runners came out blazing, leading him to the freshman title.
In September 2004, Storm Cat set a record when he passed Northern Dancer as the all-time leading sire of seven-figure yearlings. As the year came to a close, the Overbrook Farm stallion added another impressive statistic to his résumé.
For the second time in four years, a son of Valid Appeal and a representative of the In Reality male line is the leading first-crop sire in North America. In 2001, Valid Expectations earned the freshman sire title, and in 2004, Successful Appeal joined him in stamping Valid Appeal as a modern sire of sires.
By Ray Paulick -- The battle between Elusive Quality and Distorted Humor to be leading freshman sire in North America could be decided in a hearing room of the Jockey Club of England next month.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate