Big Brown, winner of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) in 2008, was represented by his first winner June 15 at Kazan International Equestrian Complex and Race Track in Russia.
Posse's first runners came out blazing, leading him to the freshman title.
In September 2004, Storm Cat set a record when he passed Northern Dancer as the all-time leading sire of seven-figure yearlings. As the year came to a close, the Overbrook Farm stallion added another impressive statistic to his résumé.
For the second time in four years, a son of Valid Appeal and a representative of the In Reality male line is the leading first-crop sire in North America. In 2001, Valid Expectations earned the freshman sire title, and in 2004, Successful Appeal joined him in stamping Valid Appeal as a modern sire of sires.
By Ray Paulick -- The battle between Elusive Quality and Distorted Humor to be leading freshman sire in North America could be decided in a hearing room of the Jockey Club of England next month.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby