Big Brown, winner of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) in 2008, was represented by his first winner June 15 at Kazan International Equestrian Complex and Race Track in Russia.
Posse's first runners came out blazing, leading him to the freshman title.
In September 2004, Storm Cat set a record when he passed Northern Dancer as the all-time leading sire of seven-figure yearlings. As the year came to a close, the Overbrook Farm stallion added another impressive statistic to his résumé.
For the second time in four years, a son of Valid Appeal and a representative of the In Reality male line is the leading first-crop sire in North America. In 2001, Valid Expectations earned the freshman sire title, and in 2004, Successful Appeal joined him in stamping Valid Appeal as a modern sire of sires.
By Ray Paulick -- The battle between Elusive Quality and Distorted Humor to be leading freshman sire in North America could be decided in a hearing room of the Jockey Club of England next month.
Most Popular Stories
- Demand for Quality at F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Uncle Mo Yearlings in Demand at Inglis
- Team Valor Buys Half Sister to Songbird
- Mare In Foal to Scat Daddy Brings $210,000
- Old Fashioned to Stand in South Korea
- Whitmore Gets Green Light for Southwest
- Kobe's Back Finds Just Enough in Palos Verdes
- Taking Shergar
- Songbird Untouchable in Las Virgenes
- Racetrack Vet Group Takes Proactive Approach