Big Brown, winner of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) in 2008, was represented by his first winner June 15 at Kazan International Equestrian Complex and Race Track in Russia.
Posse's first runners came out blazing, leading him to the freshman title.
In September 2004, Storm Cat set a record when he passed Northern Dancer as the all-time leading sire of seven-figure yearlings. As the year came to a close, the Overbrook Farm stallion added another impressive statistic to his résumé.
For the second time in four years, a son of Valid Appeal and a representative of the In Reality male line is the leading first-crop sire in North America. In 2001, Valid Expectations earned the freshman sire title, and in 2004, Successful Appeal joined him in stamping Valid Appeal as a modern sire of sires.
By Ray Paulick -- The battle between Elusive Quality and Distorted Humor to be leading freshman sire in North America could be decided in a hearing room of the Jockey Club of England next month.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- New Whip Rule's First Day No Problem in SoCal
- Los Alamitos Enjoys Opening-Day Handle Spike
- Barbados Returns in Carry Back
- Java's War Seeks Elusive Win in Singspiel
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Race Day Heads Loaded Salvator Mile
- Shaman Ghost Looks for Queen's Plate Magic