The son of War Front broke his maiden in the grade III With Anticipation Stakes.
It's easy to see why his connections want to keep Soldat on turf after last year's Triple Crown contender scored an impressive comeback victory at Gulfstream Park March 4.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Soldat's bloodlines initially appear to indicate he could have problems with the Kentucky Derby's distance -- but he has close pedigree connections to good classic runners.
Making his turf debut, maiden Soldat seized the lead at the head of the stretch and scored a convincing three-length win in the $100,000 With Anticipation Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Saratoga Sept. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby