The son of War Front broke his maiden in the grade III With Anticipation Stakes.
It's easy to see why his connections want to keep Soldat on turf after last year's Triple Crown contender scored an impressive comeback victory at Gulfstream Park March 4.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Soldat's bloodlines initially appear to indicate he could have problems with the Kentucky Derby's distance -- but he has close pedigree connections to good classic runners.
Making his turf debut, maiden Soldat seized the lead at the head of the stretch and scored a convincing three-length win in the $100,000 With Anticipation Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Saratoga Sept. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Trainer James DiVito Collects 1,000th Win
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita