Le Havre, winner of the June 7 Prix du Jockey-Club (Fr-I, the French Derby) for owner Gerard Augustin-Normand, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury suffered during the classic race.
Second in the French 2,000 Guineas on May 10, Le Havre reversed the form in the €1.5m Prix du Jockey Club (French Derby, Fr-I) over a non-staying seventh Silver Frost June 7 at Chantilly.
Silver Frost came roaring down the center of the course to easily capture the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I, French Two Thousand Guineas) by two lengths at Longchamp May 10. One race later, Elusive Wave won the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I, French One Thousand Guineas).
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet
- Deadline Nears for OBS Racing Age Section
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Rocketts Mill Farm Founder Stevens Dead at 82
- Slideshow: Game On Dude