Unbeaten La Cressonniere sealed a classic double June 19 at Chantilly when she captured the Prix de Diane Longines (Fr-I, French Oaks).
Le Havre, winner of the June 7 Prix du Jockey-Club (Fr-I, the French Derby) for owner Gerard Augustin-Normand, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury suffered during the classic race.
Second in the French 2,000 Guineas on May 10, Le Havre reversed the form in the €1.5m Prix du Jockey Club (French Derby, Fr-I) over a non-staying seventh Silver Frost June 7 at Chantilly.
Silver Frost came roaring down the center of the course to easily capture the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I, French Two Thousand Guineas) by two lengths at Longchamp May 10. One race later, Elusive Wave won the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I, French One Thousand Guineas).
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes