Le Havre, winner of the June 7 Prix du Jockey-Club (Fr-I, the French Derby) for owner Gerard Augustin-Normand, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury suffered during the classic race.
Second in the French 2,000 Guineas on May 10, Le Havre reversed the form in the €1.5m Prix du Jockey Club (French Derby, Fr-I) over a non-staying seventh Silver Frost June 7 at Chantilly.
Silver Frost came roaring down the center of the course to easily capture the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I, French Two Thousand Guineas) by two lengths at Longchamp May 10. One race later, Elusive Wave won the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I, French One Thousand Guineas).
Most Popular Stories
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Medea Seeks to Double Up in Matchmaker Stakes
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Keeneland Begins Installation of Dirt Surface
- Enhanced Security for Whitney, Travers Horses
- New York Horsemen Commit Money to Jockey Fund