Le Havre, winner of the June 7 Prix du Jockey-Club (Fr-I, the French Derby) for owner Gerard Augustin-Normand, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury suffered during the classic race.
Second in the French 2,000 Guineas on May 10, Le Havre reversed the form in the €1.5m Prix du Jockey Club (French Derby, Fr-I) over a non-staying seventh Silver Frost June 7 at Chantilly.
Silver Frost came roaring down the center of the course to easily capture the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I, French Two Thousand Guineas) by two lengths at Longchamp May 10. One race later, Elusive Wave won the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I, French One Thousand Guineas).
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Dissident, Appearance Win at Royal Randwick