Le Havre, winner of the June 7 Prix du Jockey-Club (Fr-I, the French Derby) for owner Gerard Augustin-Normand, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury suffered during the classic race.
Second in the French 2,000 Guineas on May 10, Le Havre reversed the form in the €1.5m Prix du Jockey Club (French Derby, Fr-I) over a non-staying seventh Silver Frost June 7 at Chantilly.
Silver Frost came roaring down the center of the course to easily capture the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I, French Two Thousand Guineas) by two lengths at Longchamp May 10. One race later, Elusive Wave won the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I, French One Thousand Guineas).
Most Popular Stories
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- First Winner Lands for Sire General Quarters
- Boden Takes on Key Positions at Calumet Farm
- Top Sanford Runners Meet Again in Hopeful
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- La Jolla Rivals Challenge Prospect Park Again
- Prize Exhibit Takes on Older in Yellow Ribbon
- Barretts Sets 2016 Del Mar Sales Dates
- Stronach Group Still Interested in Suffolk