Le Havre, winner of the June 7 Prix du Jockey-Club (Fr-I, the French Derby) for owner Gerard Augustin-Normand, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury suffered during the classic race.
Second in the French 2,000 Guineas on May 10, Le Havre reversed the form in the €1.5m Prix du Jockey Club (French Derby, Fr-I) over a non-staying seventh Silver Frost June 7 at Chantilly.
Silver Frost came roaring down the center of the course to easily capture the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I, French Two Thousand Guineas) by two lengths at Longchamp May 10. One race later, Elusive Wave won the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I, French One Thousand Guineas).
Most Popular Stories
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone Helps Assess Aging Mares' Fertility
- OBS Expects Solid Start for Auction Season
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful