Le Havre, winner of the June 7 Prix du Jockey-Club (Fr-I, the French Derby) for owner Gerard Augustin-Normand, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury suffered during the classic race.
Second in the French 2,000 Guineas on May 10, Le Havre reversed the form in the €1.5m Prix du Jockey Club (French Derby, Fr-I) over a non-staying seventh Silver Frost June 7 at Chantilly.
Silver Frost came roaring down the center of the course to easily capture the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I, French Two Thousand Guineas) by two lengths at Longchamp May 10. One race later, Elusive Wave won the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I, French One Thousand Guineas).
Most Popular Stories
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- 2014 Auctions Digest
- Canterbury Park Announces 2015 Stakes Slate
- Indiana Grand Reports Increased Wagering
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Bell to Head Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance
- Court Decision Threatens Illinois Racing
- Aussie Sale Buyers Can Request Steroid Test