Le Havre, winner of the June 7 Prix du Jockey-Club (Fr-I, the French Derby) for owner Gerard Augustin-Normand, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury suffered during the classic race.
Second in the French 2,000 Guineas on May 10, Le Havre reversed the form in the €1.5m Prix du Jockey Club (French Derby, Fr-I) over a non-staying seventh Silver Frost June 7 at Chantilly.
Silver Frost came roaring down the center of the course to easily capture the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I, French Two Thousand Guineas) by two lengths at Longchamp May 10. One race later, Elusive Wave won the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I, French One Thousand Guineas).
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Pleasantly Perfect Sold to Stand in Turkey
- Eastern Fillies Top Good Field in Goldikova
- TVG Offering Shared Belief Guaranteed Odds
- Breeders' Cup Friday Selections
- Identifying Profitable Yearlings In-Utero
- That Handicapping Show: Breeders' Cup Friday
- Smith Has Calming Influence on Tom's Tribute
- BC 2014: Shared Belief at Santa Anita
- Sherman, Others Honored by Turf Writers