Le Havre, winner of the June 7 Prix du Jockey-Club (Fr-I, the French Derby) for owner Gerard Augustin-Normand, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury suffered during the classic race.
Second in the French 2,000 Guineas on May 10, Le Havre reversed the form in the €1.5m Prix du Jockey Club (French Derby, Fr-I) over a non-staying seventh Silver Frost June 7 at Chantilly.
Silver Frost came roaring down the center of the course to easily capture the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I, French Two Thousand Guineas) by two lengths at Longchamp May 10. One race later, Elusive Wave won the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I, French One Thousand Guineas).
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- PA-Bred Stakes Schedule Begins in Earnest
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'