Le Havre, winner of the June 7 Prix du Jockey-Club (Fr-I, the French Derby) for owner Gerard Augustin-Normand, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury suffered during the classic race.
Second in the French 2,000 Guineas on May 10, Le Havre reversed the form in the €1.5m Prix du Jockey Club (French Derby, Fr-I) over a non-staying seventh Silver Frost June 7 at Chantilly.
Silver Frost came roaring down the center of the course to easily capture the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I, French Two Thousand Guineas) by two lengths at Longchamp May 10. One race later, Elusive Wave won the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I, French One Thousand Guineas).
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field