Le Havre, winner of the June 7 Prix du Jockey-Club (Fr-I, the French Derby) for owner Gerard Augustin-Normand, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury suffered during the classic race.
Second in the French 2,000 Guineas on May 10, Le Havre reversed the form in the €1.5m Prix du Jockey Club (French Derby, Fr-I) over a non-staying seventh Silver Frost June 7 at Chantilly.
Silver Frost came roaring down the center of the course to easily capture the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I, French Two Thousand Guineas) by two lengths at Longchamp May 10. One race later, Elusive Wave won the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I, French One Thousand Guineas).
Most Popular Stories
- 32 Horses Die in Chicago-Area Stable Fire
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Don't Tell Sophia Leads Falls City Handicap
- Big Macher Shows Star Quality in Cary Grant
- East Gift Takes Unusual Path Back to Clark
- Tom's Tribute Tops Talented Seabiscuit Cast
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Calgary Cat Sizzles in Kennedy Road Triumph
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Shipper Holiday Star Faces 10 in Turf Cup