Frankyfourfingers edged Prince Bishop by a head to give rookie flat race trainer Salem Bin Ghadeyer a first big-race win in the Al Maktoum Challenge R2 empowered by IPIC (UAE-II) the evening of Feb. 5 at Meydan.
The brilliant, nearly white frontrunner will find the eyes of the nation upon him Aug. 4 when he heads postward as the 3-5 morning line favorite in the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. II)
After working five furlongs July 22 at Saratoga Racecourse, John C. Oxley's Stealcase has been added to the field for the $1 million Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I) at Monmouth Park.
Rebounding from a dismal outing in the Peter Pan Stakes (gr. II), Le Bernardin battled for the lead in the stretch and had just enough to hold off Easter Gift in the $103,000 Pegasus Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park June 17.
Unbeaten Easter Gift makes his inital foray into graded stakes company for trainer Nick Zito in the $100,000 Pegasus (gr. III) at Monmouth Park June 17.
Because of their presence on the Triple Crown trail, Mark Valeski and The Lumber Guy are favored, but Waterford Stable's Summer Front has the potential to be one of the brightest 3-year-old stars in the country.
Most Popular Stories
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Former Claimer Chases Greatness in SA Oaks
- Rivals Back to Challenge Dortmund in SA Derby
- The Big Beast Returns to the Big Leagues
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Frosted Looking to Rebound in Wood Memorial
- Condo Commando Tops Gazelle Contenders
- Grade II Winner Williamstown Dead at 25
- Asmussen Grabs Milestone Win at Oaklawn Park
- Blinkers On 'Truth Or Else' in Arkansas Derby