The brilliant, nearly white frontrunner will find the eyes of the nation upon him Aug. 4 when he heads postward as the 3-5 morning line favorite in the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. II)
After working five furlongs July 22 at Saratoga Racecourse, John C. Oxley's Stealcase has been added to the field for the $1 million Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I) at Monmouth Park.
Rebounding from a dismal outing in the Peter Pan Stakes (gr. II), Le Bernardin battled for the lead in the stretch and had just enough to hold off Easter Gift in the $103,000 Pegasus Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park June 17.
Unbeaten Easter Gift makes his inital foray into graded stakes company for trainer Nick Zito in the $100,000 Pegasus (gr. III) at Monmouth Park June 17.
Because of their presence on the Triple Crown trail, Mark Valeski and The Lumber Guy are favored, but Waterford Stable's Summer Front has the potential to be one of the brightest 3-year-old stars in the country.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Delaware, Horsemen Hope to Pay Late Purses
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Harris, Frazier Lead 2014 Washingon HOF Class
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Filly Taghrooda Takes Aim at Ascot History