Hansel, the 1991 champion and dual classic winner for Joe Allbritton, recently arrived back in the United States from Japan.
Seeking the Pearl, a Japanese grade I winner who became the first Japanese-trained horse to win a race in Europe, died June 10 at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Secret Hello, who was Virginia's leading sire in 1999, was euthanized because of complications from a chronic neurological disease.
Shane Sellers' first win since August of last year came aboard a half-sister to grade I winner Excellent Meeting.
Lazy Lane Farms has announced that Kittiwake, a daughter of Sea Bird--Ole Liz who was one of the most broodmares in the 1970s and 1980s, has died at the Upperville, Va. farm at age 32.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru