Trainer Eric Guillot has long believed that his 3-year-old Salute the Sarge is most comfortable as a late-running sprinter. After Sarge's most recent route attempt ended in a flop at Keeneland, the grade II winner returns to the short game in the $100,000 Lazaro Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. III) on Hollywood Park's Cushion Track May 18.
Principle Secret, one of the country's most heralded 2-year-olds in 2006, will try to turn the tables on unbeaten Try To Fly as he makes his second 2007 start in Sunday's contentious Lazaro S. Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Hollywood Park.
Northern California shipper Northern Soldier outfought pacesetter Remembering Star through the stretch to remain unbeaten in three starts with a three-quarters of a length victory in Saturday's $150,000 Lazaro S. Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. II) at Hollywood Park.
Del Mar Futurity champion Siphonizer, a breathing problem corrected by surgery, continues his comeback Saturday in Hollywood Park's $150,000 Lazaro S. Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at seven furlongs.
Ladies Din, an 8-year-old gelding whose legacy will be closely linked to the Shoemaker Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), will seek a repeat victory in the grass stake at Hollywood Park on Monday. A small but talented field of a half dozen fillies will look to the Gamely Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IT) as their turf showcase.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- New Whip Rule's First Day No Problem in SoCal
- Los Alamitos Enjoys Opening-Day Handle Spike
- Barbados Returns in Carry Back
- Java's War Seeks Elusive Win in Singspiel
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Race Day Heads Loaded Salvator Mile
- Shaman Ghost Looks for Queen's Plate Magic