Ballindaggin, who won the inaugural Molson Export Challenge at Woodbine, was euthanized July 22 at Hagyard Equine Medical Institute near Lexington because of severe back problems.
France's star filly Divine Proportions faces the stiffest test of her unbeaten career at Deauville on Sunday when she competes in the Prix Haras de Fresnay-le-Buffard Jacques le Marois (Fr-I), a race sponsored by her owners -- the Niarchos family.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien and Ballydoyle captured their second group I win in three days Sunday when their juvenile standout Oratorio got up in the final strides to win the Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere at Longchamp.
Divine Proportions, a 2-year-old daughter of Kingmambo, remained unbeaten in four career starts after defeating colts in Sunday's Prix Morny Casinos Barriere (Fr-I) at Deauville, France.
Sheikh Mohammed's Layman, bred in Kentucky by Darley, romped to victory in the Prix de Cabourg (Fr-III) for 2-year-olds at Deauville Sunday by five lengths under jockey Gary Stevens.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- A New Brand of Hero
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire