Maryland shipper London Lane, ignored at odds of 50-1, charged from the rear down the center of the track to land the $300,000 Colonial Turf Cup (gr. IIT) in a shocker June 22 at Colonial Downs.
Sondra Bender's Promenade Girl spoiled the return to action of Round Pond in Sunday's $294,000 Molly Pitcher Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares on a sloppy track at Monmouth Park.
Trainer Lawrence Murray and Sondra Bender's Tam's Terms will be looking for a little redemption when he takes the gate for Saturday's $150,000 Knickerbocker Handicap (gr. IIT) at Belmont Park.
After one wild ride, jockey Horatio Karamanos and his mount, Tam's Terms, came on to win Saturday's $50,000 Da Hoss Stakes at Colonial Downs after appearing to be hopelessly beaten.
Full fields are expected when Colonial Downs opens its doors Friday. Colonial's 30-day meet runs through July 22nd on a Friday through Tuesday schedule with 1 p.m. post times on Saturday and Sunday and 5 p.m. post during the week. There is a special Thursday card on July 3.
Maryland Horsemen announce award winners...Ky. Farm Managers honor Tom Evans...Finger Lakes names Running Tiger horse of the year...LSU holds annual AI workshop...TVG covers Texas Classic Futurity...Arlington Million seats already available.
Sondra Benders' Certantee made the jump from turf to dirt with a powerful score in the $150,000 John D. Schapiro Memorial Breeders' Cup Handicap Saturday at Laurel Park. The race was moved off the grass because of soggy conditions.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap