Maryland shipper London Lane, ignored at odds of 50-1, charged from the rear down the center of the track to land the $300,000 Colonial Turf Cup (gr. IIT) in a shocker June 22 at Colonial Downs.
Sondra Bender's Promenade Girl spoiled the return to action of Round Pond in Sunday's $294,000 Molly Pitcher Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares on a sloppy track at Monmouth Park.
Trainer Lawrence Murray and Sondra Bender's Tam's Terms will be looking for a little redemption when he takes the gate for Saturday's $150,000 Knickerbocker Handicap (gr. IIT) at Belmont Park.
After one wild ride, jockey Horatio Karamanos and his mount, Tam's Terms, came on to win Saturday's $50,000 Da Hoss Stakes at Colonial Downs after appearing to be hopelessly beaten.
Full fields are expected when Colonial Downs opens its doors Friday. Colonial's 30-day meet runs through July 22nd on a Friday through Tuesday schedule with 1 p.m. post times on Saturday and Sunday and 5 p.m. post during the week. There is a special Thursday card on July 3.
Maryland Horsemen announce award winners...Ky. Farm Managers honor Tom Evans...Finger Lakes names Running Tiger horse of the year...LSU holds annual AI workshop...TVG covers Texas Classic Futurity...Arlington Million seats already available.
Sondra Benders' Certantee made the jump from turf to dirt with a powerful score in the $150,000 John D. Schapiro Memorial Breeders' Cup Handicap Saturday at Laurel Park. The race was moved off the grass because of soggy conditions.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Tom Amoss Secures 3,000th Training Victory
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- Stronach Group Names Vet O'Neil to Key Post
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Kingman Wins Sussex with Dazzling Late Speed
- Thoroughbred Marketplace at Pimlico Oct. 4-5
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit