Golden Gate Fields officials will have to wait until next year to find out if the Albany track will be the preferred site for the second campus of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in the Bay Area.
Robert Hartman, the general manager at Golden Gate Fields for the past six years, is leaving his post at the conclusion of the current fall meet Oct. 2.
Golden Gate Fields will be the first Thoroughbred track in California to race a three-day week when it reopens next month for its fall meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Sire Tapit Closing in on Record Season
- Aktabantay Out of BC Juvenile Turf
- Northern Cal Trainers On Cup's Center Stage
- Santa Anita Confident in New Dirt Surface
- Frat Brothers Team Up on Lawn Ranger
- Baffert Hopes Luck Turns with One Lucky Dane
- Breeders' Cup News Update for Oct 30, 2014
- Leading Edge Heads Princess Elizabeth