Golden Gate Fields officials will have to wait until next year to find out if the Albany track will be the preferred site for the second campus of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in the Bay Area.
Robert Hartman, the general manager at Golden Gate Fields for the past six years, is leaving his post at the conclusion of the current fall meet Oct. 2.
Golden Gate Fields will be the first Thoroughbred track in California to race a three-day week when it reopens next month for its fall meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Starspangledbanner to Return to Coolmore