Tottie, the 9-5 favorite, remained unbeaten in two starts since shipping to the U.S., as she stalked the pace and took over mid-stretch en route to a narrow win in the $125,000 Suwannee River Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream
Glen Andred Stud's Robert Percival, who has been breeding Thoroughbreds in England for more than 50 years, was presented with the Andrew Devonshire Bronze at the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's Annual Awards Lunch at the Hyatt Regency Churchill Hotel in London Jan. 6.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
The Juddmonte Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) victory of Look Here (GB) may have been a surprise to the bettors, but her staying ability should have been no surprise. In the male line, she is the fourth generation to prove able to win at 12 furlongs or better in group I-quality company.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends