Tottie, the 9-5 favorite, remained unbeaten in two starts since shipping to the U.S., as she stalked the pace and took over mid-stretch en route to a narrow win in the $125,000 Suwannee River Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream
Glen Andred Stud's Robert Percival, who has been breeding Thoroughbreds in England for more than 50 years, was presented with the Andrew Devonshire Bronze at the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's Annual Awards Lunch at the Hyatt Regency Churchill Hotel in London Jan. 6.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
The Juddmonte Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) victory of Look Here (GB) may have been a surprise to the bettors, but her staying ability should have been no surprise. In the male line, she is the fourth generation to prove able to win at 12 furlongs or better in group I-quality company.
Most Popular Stories
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine