Tottie, the 9-5 favorite, remained unbeaten in two starts since shipping to the U.S., as she stalked the pace and took over mid-stretch en route to a narrow win in the $125,000 Suwannee River Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream
Glen Andred Stud's Robert Percival, who has been breeding Thoroughbreds in England for more than 50 years, was presented with the Andrew Devonshire Bronze at the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's Annual Awards Lunch at the Hyatt Regency Churchill Hotel in London Jan. 6.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
The Juddmonte Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) victory of Look Here (GB) may have been a surprise to the bettors, but her staying ability should have been no surprise. In the male line, she is the fourth generation to prove able to win at 12 furlongs or better in group I-quality company.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast and Accurate Works Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Kitasan Black Dominates in Tenno Sho
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work