Tottie, the 9-5 favorite, remained unbeaten in two starts since shipping to the U.S., as she stalked the pace and took over mid-stretch en route to a narrow win in the $125,000 Suwannee River Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream
Glen Andred Stud's Robert Percival, who has been breeding Thoroughbreds in England for more than 50 years, was presented with the Andrew Devonshire Bronze at the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's Annual Awards Lunch at the Hyatt Regency Churchill Hotel in London Jan. 6.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
The Juddmonte Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) victory of Look Here (GB) may have been a surprise to the bettors, but her staying ability should have been no surprise. In the male line, she is the fourth generation to prove able to win at 12 furlongs or better in group I-quality company.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- PA Breeders Offering Stallion Season Auction
- NJ Breeders Holding Online Season Auction
- Belle Gallantey Looks for More in Ladies 'Cap
- Talented Field Assembles for the Sam F. Davis
- Measuring Horses' Skin Temperature Changes Underwater
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame