Tottie, the 9-5 favorite, remained unbeaten in two starts since shipping to the U.S., as she stalked the pace and took over mid-stretch en route to a narrow win in the $125,000 Suwannee River Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream
Glen Andred Stud's Robert Percival, who has been breeding Thoroughbreds in England for more than 50 years, was presented with the Andrew Devonshire Bronze at the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's Annual Awards Lunch at the Hyatt Regency Churchill Hotel in London Jan. 6.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
The Juddmonte Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) victory of Look Here (GB) may have been a surprise to the bettors, but her staying ability should have been no surprise. In the male line, she is the fourth generation to prove able to win at 12 furlongs or better in group I-quality company.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf