Tottie, the 9-5 favorite, remained unbeaten in two starts since shipping to the U.S., as she stalked the pace and took over mid-stretch en route to a narrow win in the $125,000 Suwannee River Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream
Glen Andred Stud's Robert Percival, who has been breeding Thoroughbreds in England for more than 50 years, was presented with the Andrew Devonshire Bronze at the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's Annual Awards Lunch at the Hyatt Regency Churchill Hotel in London Jan. 6.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
The Juddmonte Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) victory of Look Here (GB) may have been a surprise to the bettors, but her staying ability should have been no surprise. In the male line, she is the fourth generation to prove able to win at 12 furlongs or better in group I-quality company.
Most Popular Stories
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell
- Milestone Victory for Goodwin Comes at Canterbury Park
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand
- International Sire Elusive Quality Pensioned