Tottie, the 9-5 favorite, remained unbeaten in two starts since shipping to the U.S., as she stalked the pace and took over mid-stretch en route to a narrow win in the $125,000 Suwannee River Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream
Glen Andred Stud's Robert Percival, who has been breeding Thoroughbreds in England for more than 50 years, was presented with the Andrew Devonshire Bronze at the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's Annual Awards Lunch at the Hyatt Regency Churchill Hotel in London Jan. 6.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
The Juddmonte Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) victory of Look Here (GB) may have been a surprise to the bettors, but her staying ability should have been no surprise. In the male line, she is the fourth generation to prove able to win at 12 furlongs or better in group I-quality company.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- BC Classic Winner Concern Dies at 25
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Unlocking Winners: Dubai and the Derby Preps
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold