A Pioneerof the Nile colt produced a healthy return on his original purchase price when sold to Robert and Lawana Low for $1 million during the March 15 second session of the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Company’s 2-year-olds in training sale.
A dark bay/brown filly by Dixie Union out of graded stakes winner Rare Gift brought a final bid of $525,000 during the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select sale Aug. 8.
The gross fell 38.3% during the select yearling auction, which had enjoyed upswings in 2009.
It's been almost four years since the last time, but Sunday at Fair Grounds, Green Fee will try to again post a win on the Stall-Wilson turf course.
Looking for a live longshot for the NetJets Breeders' Cup (gr. IT)? Look no further than Green Fee, who is listed at 50-1 on the morning line and was the last horse to draw into the 14-horse field.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Remembering Ben's Cat