A Pioneerof the Nile colt produced a healthy return on his original purchase price when sold to Robert and Lawana Low for $1 million during the March 15 second session of the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Company’s 2-year-olds in training sale.
A dark bay/brown filly by Dixie Union out of graded stakes winner Rare Gift brought a final bid of $525,000 during the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select sale Aug. 8.
The gross fell 38.3% during the select yearling auction, which had enjoyed upswings in 2009.
It's been almost four years since the last time, but Sunday at Fair Grounds, Green Fee will try to again post a win on the Stall-Wilson turf course.
Looking for a live longshot for the NetJets Breeders' Cup (gr. IT)? Look no further than Green Fee, who is listed at 50-1 on the morning line and was the last horse to draw into the 14-horse field.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start