After running one-two last year, trainer Bob Baffert ships Hal and Patti Earnhardt III's Law Breaker from Santa Anita to the Sunland Park for Sunday's nine-furlong WinStar Derby. With a $600,000 purse, it's worth coming back for more...especially when you'll have the likely favorite.
Joy Ride Racing's odds-on favorite Noble Court was all out to do it, but under a strong-armed ride from Corey Nakatani they held off the determined closer Law Breaker to win the $150,000 San Vicente (gr. II) for 3-year-olds by a head at Santa Anita Sunday.
With the unbeaten E Z Warrior sitting out Sunday's $150,000 San Vicente (gr. II), a wide-open field of seven 3-year-olds will contest the seven-furlong Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) prep at the Arcadia, Calif., track.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- The Thoroughbred Racehorse Foot
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris