After running one-two last year, trainer Bob Baffert ships Hal and Patti Earnhardt III's Law Breaker from Santa Anita to the Sunland Park for Sunday's nine-furlong WinStar Derby. With a $600,000 purse, it's worth coming back for more...especially when you'll have the likely favorite.
Joy Ride Racing's odds-on favorite Noble Court was all out to do it, but under a strong-armed ride from Corey Nakatani they held off the determined closer Law Breaker to win the $150,000 San Vicente (gr. II) for 3-year-olds by a head at Santa Anita Sunday.
With the unbeaten E Z Warrior sitting out Sunday's $150,000 San Vicente (gr. II), a wide-open field of seven 3-year-olds will contest the seven-furlong Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) prep at the Arcadia, Calif., track.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby