The National Turf Writers Association re-elected one individual to the organization's board of directors, elected two others to the board, and approved the membership for seven other individuals during its semi-annual meeting on April 30 at Churchill Downs.
Horses held up in Australia because of equine influenza are sold in Hong Kong at another blockbuster sale in that country.
Albany Law School's Saratoga Institute on Racing and Gaming Law got off to a fast-paced start Aug. 7 when Dr. Don Catlin, a pioneer in the field of athletic drug testing, addressed a group of assembled lawyers and industry representatives gathered at the Gideon Putnam Hotel in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Gaines-Gentry Thoroughbreds is suing a prominent Central Kentucky insurance company for negligence, fraud, and breach of contract associated with the coverage of a Storm Cat--Beautiful Bid foal and the stallion Indian Charlie.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- California Gov. Gray Davis will be doing the right thing by signing the account wagering legislation into law.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- NH House Rejects Expanded Gaming Bill Again
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses