Maria Borell has filed a lawsuit against the owners of Runhappy, who she trained to victory in the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), seeking money from purses the colt earned under her care and also alleging defamation.
The ongoing dispute between trainer Maria Borell and owner James McIngvale took another turn when Borell's attorney indicated there may be future legal action taken regarding purse money earned by Runhappy.
Veterinarians bear responsibility in drug positives. read blog
The National Turf Writers Association re-elected one individual to the organization's board of directors, elected two others to the board, and approved the membership for seven other individuals during its semi-annual meeting on April 30 at Churchill Downs.
Horses held up in Australia because of equine influenza are sold in Hong Kong at another blockbuster sale in that country.
- By Claire Novak
Albany Law School's Saratoga Institute on Racing and Gaming Law got off to a fast-paced start Aug. 7 when Dr. Don Catlin, a pioneer in the field of athletic drug testing, addressed a group of assembled lawyers and industry representatives gathered at the Gideon Putnam Hotel in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Gaines-Gentry Thoroughbreds is suing a prominent Central Kentucky insurance company for negligence, fraud, and breach of contract associated with the coverage of a Storm Cat--Beautiful Bid foal and the stallion Indian Charlie.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- California Gov. Gray Davis will be doing the right thing by signing the account wagering legislation into law.
Most Popular Stories
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase