A new venture following the Starlight Racing model by Laurie Wolf and Barbara Lucarelli, StarLadies, picked up more yearlings at the Aug. 5-6 Fasig-Tipton Saratoga sale.
- By Ron Mitchell
Jack Wolf Provides Perspective on Harlan's Holiday.
Starlight Stables is offering partnership opportunities "to a small number investors" in the horses it is purchasing this year at the yearling sales through Florida horseman Barry Berkelhammer, according to a press release issued Friday.
Jack Wolf was looking forward to the first running of the Ashado Stakes. He believed all along that if any track was to have a race named after his Eclipse Award winner, it should be Saratoga Racecourse or Belmont Park, the scenes of some of his filly's biggest triumphs.
When champion filly Ashado is offered for sale during the 2005 Keeneland November Mixed Sale by Taylor Made Sales Agency, a portion of the proceeds of the sale will benefit Thoroughbred Charities of America.
Harlan's Holiday and Nayef, two of the leading contenders for Saturday's $6 million Dubai World Cup, had important works at Nad Al Sheba on Saturday and Sunday.
Harlan's Holiday, the winner of this year's Florida Derby (gr. I), will be back at Gulfstream Park this winter taking aim at the $500,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I) to be run at 1 1/18 miles on Feb. 22.
Repent, runner-up in last month's Travers Stakes (gr. I), worked five furlongs in 1:00.65 Sunday at Belmont in preparation for the Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) Sept. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Ready to Act, Daring Kathy Vie at Woodbine
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- Starstruck Heads Cast in Monmouth's Violet
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm