Cape Blanco shipped across the pond from Ireland for third time to collect a grade I victory, barely outlasting a determined Dean's Kitten by a nose in the $500,000 Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Invitational (gr. IT) Oct. 1.
A yielding turf was just fine with favored Cape Blanco, who registered his second straight grade I score on North American turf in style for Irish trainer Aidan O'Brien in the Arlington Million (gr. IT) Aug. 13.
Cape Blanco took the lead from the start and never looked back, pulling away in the stretch to capture the Tattersalls Millions Irish Champion Stakes (Ire-I) by 5 1/2 lengths at Leopardstown Sept. 4.
Aidan O'Brien-trained runners finished one-two-three as Cape Blanco held off stablemate Midas Touch by a half-length to capture the Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby (Ire-I) at the Curragh June 27.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Milestone 5,000th Win for Jockey Bravo
- Texas Air Seeks Upset in Lone Star 'Cap
- Undefeated Promise Me Silver Aiming for Acorn
- Frammento 'Developing Nicely' for Belmont
- Why I Want a Triple Crown Winner
- Southern Honey Seeks Repeat in Winning Colors
- Xtra Luck Goes Distance for Louisville Win
- Firing Line Returns to Track at Santa Anita
- Trujillo to Move Tack to Monmouth Park