Laurel Park's turf monster turns out to be a main track monster, too. Ben's Cat powered away from five foes to win the off-the-turf $67,750 Laurel Dash Stakes by two lengths in the slop Oct. 29.
King Leatherbury's Ben's Cat, who could have been entered in the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IIT) via payment of a $100,000 supplemental fee, is the even-money morning-line favorite in the $75,000 Laurel Dash Oct. 29.
Texas Glitter remained perfect while racing on turf, leading all the way to win the $100,000 Laurel Dash Stakes (gr. IIIT) by a nose Saturday at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Monmouth to Reduce Overnight Purses by 10%
- Illinois Tracks Seeking Fewer Dates in 2015
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job