During a distinguished 58-race career that began in 2010, Ben's Cat has 32 victories—26 of them in stakes—and has earned more than $2.6 million.
The Jim Stable's Ben's Cat will seek his third Laurel Dash victory in four attempts when he faces nine other sprinters in the $100,000 event Sept. 27 at Laurel Park.
Laurel Park's turf monster turns out to be a main track monster, too. Ben's Cat powered away from five foes to win the off-the-turf $67,750 Laurel Dash Stakes by two lengths in the slop Oct. 29.
King Leatherbury's Ben's Cat, who could have been entered in the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IIT) via payment of a $100,000 supplemental fee, is the even-money morning-line favorite in the $75,000 Laurel Dash Oct. 29.
Texas Glitter remained perfect while racing on turf, leading all the way to win the $100,000 Laurel Dash Stakes (gr. IIIT) by a nose Saturday at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture