The Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association held its 23rd annual awards banquet Aug. 2 to announce its 2007 state-bred champions. Not surprisingly, the Horse of the Year, older male, and turf runner awards went to last year's NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Kip Deville, who is now the all-time leading accredited Oklahoma-bred runner.
Sindy With an S, who broke through with an impressive 3 1/4-length triumph for Southern California trainer Mike Mitchell in the Safely Kept Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Laurel Park three weeks ago, figures to get the trip she requires in the $200,000 Woodford on the Monmouth Park Breeders' Cup under-card Sept. 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Jockey Hill Guides in 1,000th Winner
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return