Grade II winner St Trinians has been retired from racing and will be sold as a broodmare prospect at the Fasig-Tipton November sale, trainer Mike Mitchell said Sept. 28.
St Trinians will attempt to become the first female to win the Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) March 6. Trainer Mike Mitchell likes her chances in the $750,000 fixture presented this year by San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino.
St Trinians, impressive winner of the Santa Maria Handicap (gr. II) Feb. 13, is expected to tackle males in the $750,000 Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) on March 6 instead of running against female champion Zenyatta a week later
St Trinians recorded her fourth victory in succession since arriving in the United States and soundly defeated Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I) winner Life Is Sweet in the $250,000 Santa Maria Handicap Feb. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap