Grade II winner St Trinians has been retired from racing and will be sold as a broodmare prospect at the Fasig-Tipton November sale, trainer Mike Mitchell said Sept. 28.
St Trinians will attempt to become the first female to win the Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) March 6. Trainer Mike Mitchell likes her chances in the $750,000 fixture presented this year by San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino.
St Trinians, impressive winner of the Santa Maria Handicap (gr. II) Feb. 13, is expected to tackle males in the $750,000 Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) on March 6 instead of running against female champion Zenyatta a week later
St Trinians recorded her fourth victory in succession since arriving in the United States and soundly defeated Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I) winner Life Is Sweet in the $250,000 Santa Maria Handicap Feb. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Demand for Quality at F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Uncle Mo Yearlings in Demand at Inglis
- Team Valor Buys Half Sister to Songbird
- Mare In Foal to Scat Daddy Brings $210,000
- Old Fashioned to Stand in South Korea
- Whitmore Gets Green Light for Southwest
- Kobe's Back Finds Just Enough in Palos Verdes
- Songbird Untouchable in Las Virgenes
- Taking Shergar
- Racetrack Vet Group Takes Proactive Approach