Grade II winner St Trinians has been retired from racing and will be sold as a broodmare prospect at the Fasig-Tipton November sale, trainer Mike Mitchell said Sept. 28.
St Trinians will attempt to become the first female to win the Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) March 6. Trainer Mike Mitchell likes her chances in the $750,000 fixture presented this year by San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino.
St Trinians, impressive winner of the Santa Maria Handicap (gr. II) Feb. 13, is expected to tackle males in the $750,000 Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) on March 6 instead of running against female champion Zenyatta a week later
St Trinians recorded her fourth victory in succession since arriving in the United States and soundly defeated Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I) winner Life Is Sweet in the $250,000 Santa Maria Handicap Feb. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze