Sean Avery, a grade I winner at Saratoga, has been retired from racing and will reside at Old Friends near Georgetown, Ky.
Grade I winner Sean Avery returned to action following a 13-month layoff to capture the minor Affiliate Stakes by 2 1/4 lengths on opening day of the fall meet at Belmont Park Sept. 8.
Front-running Sean Avery, under all-out pressure from jockey Joe Bravo, nosed odds-on choice Trappe Shot to produce a 17-1 stunner in the $250,000 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. I) at Saratoga Aug. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes