Even-money favorite Pine Island edged past Teammate in the final sixteenth of a mile and went on to post a measured one-length win in the $250,000 Gazelle (gr. IT) for 3-year-old fillies at Belmont Park Saturday.
Michael Tabor's Love Locket, from the very deep stable of Todd Pletcher, is one of the horses to watch in a compact but talented field of six entered for the $200,000 Monmouth Park Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) Sunday.
As the summer racing season heats up, HorseRacing TV (TM) presents racing fans with live coverage of two major grade II stakes races July 15--the $500,000 Delaware Oaks at Delaware Park and the $350,000 Ohio Derby at Thistledown.
Hystericalady is set to meet a cast of east coast stars in the $500,000 Delaware Oaks at Delaware Park this Saturday. The 1 1/16-mile grade II affair has attracted a field of eight.
Bushfire, who had the early lead and then was passed by Hello Liberty in the stretch, fought back gamely down the lane to capture the $250,000 Acorn Stakes (gr. I) by a neck Saturday at Belmont Park.
Adieu makes her second start of the year for trainer Todd Pletcher in the $250,000 Acorn (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies at one mile Saturday at Belmont Park.
Last year, trainer Richard Dutrow entered the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) with hot favorite Sis City and walked away in defeat. Out to erase the memory of 2005, he is back again for another run for the lilies with two talented, but less heralded runners in Last Romance and Wonder Lady Anne L.
The Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) field is beginning to take shape with leading contender Balance scheduled to ship from Southern California to Kentucky April 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out