Led by $3.6 million Naples Bay, Medaglia d'Oro's half sister in foal to War Front, Keeneland November's opening session sold more seven-figure horses but had lower figures overall than last year.
The first session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale ended on a strong note Nov. 4 as grade I winner Last Full Measure was sold for $1.5 million to the China Horse Club.
The Fasig-Tipton and Keeneland mixed sales, which run Nov. 3-14 in Kentucky and feature some standout horses and Breeders' Cup-related catalog updates, should maintain market stability, officials say.
Grade I winner Last Full Measure, in foal to War Front, has been supplemented to Keeneland's 2014 November breeding stock sale and will be offered Nov. 4, opening day of the auction.
St. George Farm Racing's Last Full Measure, a winner in her only start at Keeneland, ran her record to two-for-two at the Kentucky racetrack with an upset victory in the $300,000 Madison Stakes (gr. I) April 13.
A strong group of 12 older fillies will contest the $150,000 Hillsborough Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Tampa Bay Downs March 9, including Endeavour Stakes (gr. IIIT) victress Old Tune and grade II winner Mystical Star.
Making her first start outside her native Brazil, Stud TNT's Old Tune showed an affinity for her new surroundings when she won the $150,000 Endeavor Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Tampa Bay Downs Feb. 2.
Daisy Devine would not be denied a return to the winner's circle Nov. 10, taking the $111,500 Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs after a ding-dong battle with Julie's Love.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan