Jockey Jon Court hopes to continue the success he's had with the connections of Secret Scheme in Saturday's grade III Las Flores Handicap for older fillies and mares at six furlongs over Santa Anita's main track.
Behaving Badly, a winner of five of seven career starts for Santa Anita's leading trainer Bob Baffert, is expected to be a prohibitive favorite in Saturday's $100,000-added Las Flores Handicap (gr. III).
Argentine-bred Miss Terrible returned from nearly a 19-month layoff to capture the $109,600 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III), giving horse-shoer-turned-trainer Bradley Ross his first victory Sunday at Santa Anita.
Ema Bovary goes after her eighth consecutive victory Sunday at Santa Anita Park when the Chilean-bred daughter of Edgy Diplomat faces six rivals in the $100,000 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) for older fillies and mares at six furlongs.
A couple of hours after Santa Anita honored trainer Noble Threewitt on the occasion of his 90th birthday, 79-year-young Warren Stute provided the icing on the cake when he captured the Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) Feb. 24 as Go Go punched by the favored La Feminn.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer