Jockey Jon Court hopes to continue the success he's had with the connections of Secret Scheme in Saturday's grade III Las Flores Handicap for older fillies and mares at six furlongs over Santa Anita's main track.
Behaving Badly, a winner of five of seven career starts for Santa Anita's leading trainer Bob Baffert, is expected to be a prohibitive favorite in Saturday's $100,000-added Las Flores Handicap (gr. III).
Argentine-bred Miss Terrible returned from nearly a 19-month layoff to capture the $109,600 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III), giving horse-shoer-turned-trainer Bradley Ross his first victory Sunday at Santa Anita.
Ema Bovary goes after her eighth consecutive victory Sunday at Santa Anita Park when the Chilean-bred daughter of Edgy Diplomat faces six rivals in the $100,000 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) for older fillies and mares at six furlongs.
A couple of hours after Santa Anita honored trainer Noble Threewitt on the occasion of his 90th birthday, 79-year-young Warren Stute provided the icing on the cake when he captured the Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) Feb. 24 as Go Go punched by the favored La Feminn.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- 'Crook' 50th Black-Type Winner for Freud