Jockey Jon Court hopes to continue the success he's had with the connections of Secret Scheme in Saturday's grade III Las Flores Handicap for older fillies and mares at six furlongs over Santa Anita's main track.
Behaving Badly, a winner of five of seven career starts for Santa Anita's leading trainer Bob Baffert, is expected to be a prohibitive favorite in Saturday's $100,000-added Las Flores Handicap (gr. III).
Argentine-bred Miss Terrible returned from nearly a 19-month layoff to capture the $109,600 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III), giving horse-shoer-turned-trainer Bradley Ross his first victory Sunday at Santa Anita.
Ema Bovary goes after her eighth consecutive victory Sunday at Santa Anita Park when the Chilean-bred daughter of Edgy Diplomat faces six rivals in the $100,000 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) for older fillies and mares at six furlongs.
A couple of hours after Santa Anita honored trainer Noble Threewitt on the occasion of his 90th birthday, 79-year-young Warren Stute provided the icing on the cake when he captured the Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) Feb. 24 as Go Go punched by the favored La Feminn.
Most Popular Stories
- Tacticus Euthanized After Workout Breakdown
- Golden Horn Impressive in Arc de Triomphe
- Gamble's Ghost Scores in Mazarine Stakes
- Make Believe Returns to Longchamp, Wins Foret
- Covert Love Guts Out Prix de l'Opera Victory
- Ballydoyle, Ultra Capture Juvenile Stakes
- Tonalist Takes Jockey Club Gold Cup With Ease
- Shadwell: Grand Arch Holds Over The Pizza Man
- American Pharoah Drills at Santa Anita for BC
- Wild Dude Rallies Late to Claim SA Sprint