California breeders and the state's entire racing industry could not find a better horse to carry the brand. Or a better name to increase their visibility.
Cal-bred Rousing Sermon, trained by Hall of Famer Jerry Hollendorfer, was the last and lone Derby worker May 1 at Churchill Downs. Jockey Jose Lezcano aboard the son of Lucky Pulpit for the first time.
Stakes winner Lucky Pulpit sired his first winner when his son Luckarack won at Golden Gate Fields June 10.
Making just her second start on dirt in her 4-year-old debut, Chiefswood Stable's Aurora Lights sprung a 10-1 upset in the $100,000 Sabin Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 27 at Gulfstream Park.
Making her stakes debut, Chiefswood Stable's Aurora Lights shot through a big opening along the rail turning for home and outran Milwaukee Appeal and Hooh Why to spring an upset in the $263,000 Selene Stakes (Can-III) Sept. 26 at Woodbine.
Robe Decollete became the first American-bred filly to win the Japanese Oaks (Jpn-II) when the daughter of Cozzene nosed out favored Bella Rheia at Tokyo Racecourse Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Ready to Act, Daring Kathy Vie at Woodbine
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- Starstruck Heads Cast in Monmouth's Violet
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm