California breeders and the state's entire racing industry could not find a better horse to carry the brand. Or a better name to increase their visibility.
Cal-bred Rousing Sermon, trained by Hall of Famer Jerry Hollendorfer, was the last and lone Derby worker May 1 at Churchill Downs. Jockey Jose Lezcano aboard the son of Lucky Pulpit for the first time.
Stakes winner Lucky Pulpit sired his first winner when his son Luckarack won at Golden Gate Fields June 10.
Making just her second start on dirt in her 4-year-old debut, Chiefswood Stable's Aurora Lights sprung a 10-1 upset in the $100,000 Sabin Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 27 at Gulfstream Park.
Making her stakes debut, Chiefswood Stable's Aurora Lights shot through a big opening along the rail turning for home and outran Milwaukee Appeal and Hooh Why to spring an upset in the $263,000 Selene Stakes (Can-III) Sept. 26 at Woodbine.
Robe Decollete became the first American-bred filly to win the Japanese Oaks (Jpn-II) when the daughter of Cozzene nosed out favored Bella Rheia at Tokyo Racecourse Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Check Ligament Surgery Helps Racehorses with SDFT Injuries
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse