As part of a restructuring, Thoroughbred owner-breeder Larry Taylor has been appointed chief executive officer of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation.
Larry Taylor won the 1,000th Thoroughbred race of his career Saturday night at Sam Houston Race Park.
Six-year-old gelding Sea Dub posted the biggest upset in a Lone Star Park stakes race when he ran down 9-5 favorite Fullbridled in the final strides of Saturday's $200,000 Dallas Turf Cup in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Breeders' Cup Sprint contender Gold Storm worked 5 furlongs in 1:00 3/5 Monday at Lone Star Park in preparation for Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships Day, October 30th.
Gold Storm survived a three-horse speed battle to win the $147,000 Arlington Breeders' Cup Sprint on Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Concert Added to Black-Eyed Susan Day Lineup
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements