Cali Star put away Best Behavior in early stretch and drew off to victory in the $100,000 Rampart Stakes (gr. III) to claim the first stakes victory of her career in the one-mile test for fillies and mares Dec. 12.
Trainer Marty Wolfson will have Cali Star, Best Behavior, and Curlin's Princess in the one-turn-mile Rampart Stakes (gr. III) Dec. 12, and also has Lori's Store in the $100,000 South Beach on the Saturday card at Gulfstream.
As part of a restructuring, Thoroughbred owner-breeder Larry Taylor has been appointed chief executive officer of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation.
Larry Taylor won the 1,000th Thoroughbred race of his career Saturday night at Sam Houston Race Park.
Six-year-old gelding Sea Dub posted the biggest upset in a Lone Star Park stakes race when he ran down 9-5 favorite Fullbridled in the final strides of Saturday's $200,000 Dallas Turf Cup in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Breeders' Cup Sprint contender Gold Storm worked 5 furlongs in 1:00 3/5 Monday at Lone Star Park in preparation for Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships Day, October 30th.
Gold Storm survived a three-horse speed battle to win the $147,000 Arlington Breeders' Cup Sprint on Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely