As part of a restructuring, Thoroughbred owner-breeder Larry Taylor has been appointed chief executive officer of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation.
Larry Taylor won the 1,000th Thoroughbred race of his career Saturday night at Sam Houston Race Park.
Six-year-old gelding Sea Dub posted the biggest upset in a Lone Star Park stakes race when he ran down 9-5 favorite Fullbridled in the final strides of Saturday's $200,000 Dallas Turf Cup in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Breeders' Cup Sprint contender Gold Storm worked 5 furlongs in 1:00 3/5 Monday at Lone Star Park in preparation for Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships Day, October 30th.
Gold Storm survived a three-horse speed battle to win the $147,000 Arlington Breeders' Cup Sprint on Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile
- Grand Bili Upsets Barbados in Carry Back
- Merry Meadow Wins Princess Rooney in Return
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Aldous Snow Repeats in Singspiel Stakes