Larry T. Smith, a former president of the Texas Thoroughbred Association, died June 11 after a battle with cancer.
Larry Smith, the owner and operator of Hidden Valley Thoroughbreds in Pilot Point, Texas, was re-elected to serve a third term as the president of the Texas Thoroughbred Association during the TTA annual conference and awards banquet, which was held at the Horseshoe Bay Resort Marriott July 21-22.
- By Esther Marr
In the warmth of a sunny spring morning March 29 in Georgetown, Ky., Kentucky Horse Park executive director John Nicholson and Georgetown College president William Crouch cut the ceremonial ribbon to open the Equine Scholars Center, a recently acquired facility for the college's Equine Scholar Program.
WinStar Farm co-owner Bill Casner was elected to a three-year at-large term on the Texas Thoroughbred Association Board of Directors.
Larry Smith, the owner and breeder of 1998 Texas Horse of the Year Thomas Jo, has been elected to serve as president of the Texas Thoroughbred Association. Smith's term began during the first meeting of TTA board of directors June 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Parx Cancels Given Excessive Heat Warning
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park