Larry T. Smith, a former president of the Texas Thoroughbred Association, died June 11 after a battle with cancer.
Larry Smith, the owner and operator of Hidden Valley Thoroughbreds in Pilot Point, Texas, was re-elected to serve a third term as the president of the Texas Thoroughbred Association during the TTA annual conference and awards banquet, which was held at the Horseshoe Bay Resort Marriott July 21-22.
- By Esther Marr
In the warmth of a sunny spring morning March 29 in Georgetown, Ky., Kentucky Horse Park executive director John Nicholson and Georgetown College president William Crouch cut the ceremonial ribbon to open the Equine Scholars Center, a recently acquired facility for the college's Equine Scholar Program.
WinStar Farm co-owner Bill Casner was elected to a three-year at-large term on the Texas Thoroughbred Association Board of Directors.
Larry Smith, the owner and breeder of 1998 Texas Horse of the Year Thomas Jo, has been elected to serve as president of the Texas Thoroughbred Association. Smith's term began during the first meeting of TTA board of directors June 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh