The New York State Racing and Wagering Board pushed through new emergency rules to make it easier and quicker for NYCOTB bettors to sign up with internet and phone wagering platforms at the state's other OTBs.
The New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. board of directors Dec. 1 approved a resolution to shut down the betting giant, affecting 1,000 workers and leaving an uncertain future.
State officials threatened to close the New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. as early as next month, creating "chaos" and costing the racing industry thousands of jobs.
A number of groups, including the New York Racing Association, have approached state officials about taking over all or part of the New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity