Jockey Paco Lopez booted home a Monmouth Park record seven winners May 17, although the $103,000 Red Bank Stakes (gr. IIIT) eluded him when Hard Enough scored a 9-1 upset on the turf.
Baltimore Belle, a stakes-winning daughter of Bowman's Band, was purchased by Larry Johnson for $130,000 to top the Dec. 6 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December Mixed Sale at Timonium, Md.
Fresh off his 5 1/2-length romp in the June 7 Woody Stephens Stakes (gr. II), Zayat Stables' J Be K looks to add a third graded stakes to his resume, as he takes on five rivals in the $150,000 Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) July 4 at Monmouth Park.
Bop, who set three course records in stakes, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at R. Larry Johnson's Legacy Farm near Bluemont, Va.
Grade II winner Prospect Bay has been relocated to Larry Johnson's Legacy Farm near Middleburg, Va.
Most Popular Stories
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch