Jockey Paco Lopez booted home a Monmouth Park record seven winners May 17, although the $103,000 Red Bank Stakes (gr. IIIT) eluded him when Hard Enough scored a 9-1 upset on the turf.
Baltimore Belle, a stakes-winning daughter of Bowman's Band, was purchased by Larry Johnson for $130,000 to top the Dec. 6 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December Mixed Sale at Timonium, Md.
Fresh off his 5 1/2-length romp in the June 7 Woody Stephens Stakes (gr. II), Zayat Stables' J Be K looks to add a third graded stakes to his resume, as he takes on five rivals in the $150,000 Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) July 4 at Monmouth Park.
Bop, who set three course records in stakes, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at R. Larry Johnson's Legacy Farm near Bluemont, Va.
Grade II winner Prospect Bay has been relocated to Larry Johnson's Legacy Farm near Middleburg, Va.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen