The takeaway from a session on daily fantasy gaming at the Association of Racing Commissioners International conference March 23 in New Orleans? Racing regulators need to be prepared for a changing gaming landscape.
Richard "Dick" Krueger was honored with the 2011 Len Foote Award by the Association of Racing Commissioners International for his more than 20 years of service to the racing industry in Minnesota.
The Jockeys' Guild, as part of its annual meeting in Tucson, Ariz., was advised of ways it can work within the racing industry to promote riders and push for their causes in the regulatory arena.
The Jockeys' Guild will conduct its annual Assembly Dec. 7-8 at the Westin La Paloma Resort in Tucson, Arizona. The meeting is being held in conjunction with the University of Arizona's 2009 Symposium on Racing and Gaming.
Racing Commissioners International chairman Peter Burnett has named Larry Eliason of South Dakota as chairman of the organization's model rules committee. Burnett also named Rick Goodell of New York and Hugh Gallagher of Delaware as vice-chairmen of the committee.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- By the Moon Edges Wavell Avenue at Belmont
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh