Top filly Evening Jewel, facing possible retirement beforehand, posted a thrilling come-from-behind victory in the $300,000 Sunshine Millions Distaff Jan. 29 at Santa Anita that seems to have put those considerations aside.
Making her turf debut, odds-on favorite Evening Jewel sailed to an easy lead and held off a late charge from Cozi Rosie to win the $150,000 Honeymoon Handicap (gr. IIT) by a head May 31 at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Streaking A. P. Indian Tops Vosburgh
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland