Top filly Evening Jewel, facing possible retirement beforehand, posted a thrilling come-from-behind victory in the $300,000 Sunshine Millions Distaff Jan. 29 at Santa Anita that seems to have put those considerations aside.
Making her turf debut, odds-on favorite Evening Jewel sailed to an easy lead and held off a late charge from Cozi Rosie to win the $150,000 Honeymoon Handicap (gr. IIT) by a head May 31 at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Slimmed Down Racing May Be Finding Its Footing
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt