A Sam Houston Race Park management team has received the green light from the Texas Racing Commission to begin applying for a license to operate a Class 2 racetrack in southwest Texas.
The El Primero Fair Association backed by Cash, Marilyn, and Keith Asmussen and the Laredo National Bank has decided to withdraw its application to open a non-profit Class 3 racetrack near Laredo, Texas.
The El Primero Fair Association, backed by Cash, Marilyn, and Keith Asmussen
and the Laredo National Bank, still has to clear some hurdles before it can open a non-profit Class 3 racetrack near Laredo, Texas.
At the request of owner and breeder Keith Asmussen, the Texas Racing Commission on June 27 voted to take applications to construct a Class 2 or Class 3 track in the Laredo area. The Asmussens, in partnership with Sam Houston Race Park, hope to convert their El Primero Training Center into a racetrack and simulcasting facility.
Most Popular Stories
- Blazing Speed Wins QE II Cup in Hong Kong
- Two Derby Hopefuls Boast Derby-Winning Sires
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- No Catching Cinco Charlie in William Walker
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- StarLadies On Oaks Trail With Eskenformoney
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third