A Sam Houston Race Park management team has received the green light from the Texas Racing Commission to begin applying for a license to operate a Class 2 racetrack in southwest Texas.
The El Primero Fair Association backed by Cash, Marilyn, and Keith Asmussen and the Laredo National Bank has decided to withdraw its application to open a non-profit Class 3 racetrack near Laredo, Texas.
The El Primero Fair Association, backed by Cash, Marilyn, and Keith Asmussen
and the Laredo National Bank, still has to clear some hurdles before it can open a non-profit Class 3 racetrack near Laredo, Texas.
At the request of owner and breeder Keith Asmussen, the Texas Racing Commission on June 27 voted to take applications to construct a Class 2 or Class 3 track in the Laredo area. The Asmussens, in partnership with Sam Houston Race Park, hope to convert their El Primero Training Center into a racetrack and simulcasting facility.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- NJ Sports Betting Put on Hold by Court Order
- Fair Grounds Ordered to Restore Purse Funds
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- Lab: Delays Followed Suspicious Samples Spike