A Sam Houston Race Park management team has received the green light from the Texas Racing Commission to begin applying for a license to operate a Class 2 racetrack in southwest Texas.
The El Primero Fair Association backed by Cash, Marilyn, and Keith Asmussen and the Laredo National Bank has decided to withdraw its application to open a non-profit Class 3 racetrack near Laredo, Texas.
The El Primero Fair Association, backed by Cash, Marilyn, and Keith Asmussen
and the Laredo National Bank, still has to clear some hurdles before it can open a non-profit Class 3 racetrack near Laredo, Texas.
At the request of owner and breeder Keith Asmussen, the Texas Racing Commission on June 27 voted to take applications to construct a Class 2 or Class 3 track in the Laredo area. The Asmussens, in partnership with Sam Houston Race Park, hope to convert their El Primero Training Center into a racetrack and simulcasting facility.
Most Popular Stories
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Thewayyouare Relocated to Haras de Corlay
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- The Devil You Say