The first mare in foal to grade I winner Einstein is Lantern Hill Farm's Lever To Heaven, an Irish-bred, stakes-placed mare by Bluebird.
Capt. Candyman Can gained victory in the $300,000 NetJets King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 29 when the original winner Vineyard Haven was disqualified for drifting out into the path of his challenger in deep stretch on a "sloppy" Saratoga main track.
Although six 3-year-olds went to post in the Jan. 30 $150,000 Hutcheson Stakes, in the end it turned out to be a two-horse race with Joseph Rauch and David Zell's 3-year-old Capt. Candyman Can prevailing by 1 1/2 lengths over 2-1 favorite Hello Broadway.
Grade I winner Stroll came through with his first winner when his son Sabino won by 13 1/2 lengths.
Broadway Joan, the dam of fan favorites Foustardave and Fourstars Allstar, was euthanized Aug. 17 and buried at Suzi Shoemaker's Lantern Hill Farm near Midway, Ky.
Grade I winner Officer's first winner, Satulagi, scored April 17 at Yarmouth in England.
Grade II winner Sunday Break's first foal was born Jan. 18 at Suzi Shoemaker's Lantern Hill Farm near Midway, Ky.
The first reported foal by grade I Mizzen Mast was born Jan. 12 at Suzi Shoemaker's Lantern Hill Farm near Midway, Ky.
The first reported foal sired by grade I winner Brahms is a colt born Jan. 13 at Suzi Shoemaker's Lantern Hill Farm
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- Free Mammography Screening at Turfway Dec. 27
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says