The first mare in foal to grade I winner Einstein is Lantern Hill Farm's Lever To Heaven, an Irish-bred, stakes-placed mare by Bluebird.
Capt. Candyman Can gained victory in the $300,000 NetJets King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 29 when the original winner Vineyard Haven was disqualified for drifting out into the path of his challenger in deep stretch on a "sloppy" Saratoga main track.
Although six 3-year-olds went to post in the Jan. 30 $150,000 Hutcheson Stakes, in the end it turned out to be a two-horse race with Joseph Rauch and David Zell's 3-year-old Capt. Candyman Can prevailing by 1 1/2 lengths over 2-1 favorite Hello Broadway.
Grade I winner Stroll came through with his first winner when his son Sabino won by 13 1/2 lengths.
Broadway Joan, the dam of fan favorites Foustardave and Fourstars Allstar, was euthanized Aug. 17 and buried at Suzi Shoemaker's Lantern Hill Farm near Midway, Ky.
Grade I winner Officer's first winner, Satulagi, scored April 17 at Yarmouth in England.
Grade II winner Sunday Break's first foal was born Jan. 18 at Suzi Shoemaker's Lantern Hill Farm near Midway, Ky.
The first reported foal by grade I Mizzen Mast was born Jan. 12 at Suzi Shoemaker's Lantern Hill Farm near Midway, Ky.
The first reported foal sired by grade I winner Brahms is a colt born Jan. 13 at Suzi Shoemaker's Lantern Hill Farm
Most Popular Stories
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull Stakes
- Eblouissante Retired, to be Bred in Europe
- Alert Bay Victorious in Cal Cup Turf Classic
- Mischief Clem, 'Kitty Post Upsets in Cal Cup
- Lochte Triumphs in Tampa Bay Thriller
- Birdatthewire Soars to Easy Forward Gal Win
- Barbados Makes the Grade in Hutcheson
- First Reported Foal by Justin Phillip a Colt
- Sugar Shock Takes American Beauty in Comeback
- Consumer Credit Captures Sweetest Chant